Cropping images is one of the most basic, but also most important tasks in photography and (lately) image processing. A good image can become stunning when, through careful cropping, uninteresting parts are dropped, and the remaining parts are re-composed to look dramatically better.
Modern digital cameras now offer high pixel densities. This allows photographers to be less careful composing the image while shooting, and then re-crop the image in post processing. Thus, the very basic art of cropping images has become more important than ever.
Many photo management and -processing applications nowadays provide basic crop features. As most professional photographers can attest however, these functions are mostly rudimentary in functionality, and seem to be added as an afterthought. This is a problem because, in our experience, cropping a photo can do more to the way your images look (good or bad) than any other step (including color processing).
We took our in-house croping tool, and created a sharply focused, simple to use app out of it. We named it ‘Photo Crop PRO’ and brought it to the App Store. Since then it has become the high water mark in photo cropping software.
photo crop PRO is a high-volume cropping application. Work through an entire shoot in minutes:
Load up a couple of dozen images into the pipeline, and start cropping. Use ‘Crop & Next’ to simultaneously crop the current image and load the next image into the crop editor. Of course photo crop PRO is smart enough to preserve the crop area, and even scales it if you image is of a different size.
Use photo crop PRO’s automatic file naming scheme to eliminate yet another menial, distracting task from your creative workflow.
Sporting its non-automated sibling’s easy-to-use, versatile pro-level capabilities, cropping a bunch of photos finally becomes a fun task.
- Automated workflow
- Supports strong naming schemes for automated file naming
- Preserves your originals – unless you really, really want otherwise
- Convenient crop presets for most paper sizes and devices
- Refined aspect ratio control
- Convenient rotate & align tool
- Fully integrated Margin/passe partout manager
- Several advanced composition controls, including Rules-Of-Thirds, Fibonacci-Spiral (Golden Rule), Diagonals
- Real-time read-out of dimensions and aspect ratio
- Direct export to many file formats, iPhoto, Aperture, email, Preview App, social web, desktop picture
- Full EXIF support
On the screenshots below hover over the hot-spots to disclose tool-tips.